We will often need to access the BIOS setup utility to configure the BIOS settings. You can perform common tasks in BIOS systems, such as creating a BIOS password or changing the boot sequence, configuring a new hard drive, and changing memory settings.
Different motherboards and computer systems have different access keys.
How to Access BIOS on an ASUS Notebook computer?
Step 2: The ASUS Logo will appear on your screen in a matter of seconds. Before BIOS can hand over control to Windows, you must press the correct key. To enter BIOS setup, most computers that use the ASUS system use the Del button. Other ASUS motherboards may use Ins, while some, such as the p5bw–le, use F10.
You can try again if you don’t catch the key correctly. You should normally see a message indicating which key to press. The message is often displayed on the screen’s lower right or left.
Also check– How to turn on secure boot asus
This is the traditional method to access the BIOS setup utility. Follow the below guide to access the BIOS of an ASUS computer with Windows 10/8/8.1 preinstalled.
- 1. Windows 10 and Windows 8 have the Reveal Charm bar. The Windows key+C can be used to bring up the charm menu.
- 2. Click Settings in the Charm Bar and choose Change PC Settings.
- 3. Select General from the sidebars of PC settings.
- 4. Click Restart now under Advanced startup The system will reboot and display the Windows 8 boot options menu.
- 5. Click the Troubleshoot tab in the Boot Options menu window.
- 6. The Advanced Options screen will open with several tools. Choose the UEFI Firmware Settings.
- 7. Click Restart to restart the system and enter the BIOS (UEFI)
You are now able to successfully test and configure the BIOS settings for ASUS motherboard. You can view all tabs in the BIOS Setup Utility to make adjustments. Other motherboards might have different access keys. Acer and Dell computers tend to use F2 or Del, while IBM computers use F1 for booting their new computers.
Some Windows systems also use other access keys, such as F10, F12, and Tab. This Windows password reset tool can be used to reset your password if you forget your login password. It creates a bootable disk and changes the BIOS boot sequence.