Facebook is an excellent way to socialize and build virtual connections with other users. It is known for the user-friendly interface it provides for individuals of every age group and locality. While the primary function of Facebook remains networking, it is indeed a brilliant source of advertisements and marketing. In simpler words, it is beneficial for individual use and business purposes as it has more than two billion active users as its user base. Because Facebook’s usage is quite high, more individuals produce content for this social media network itself. You may often come across a story, comment, and photos you wish to save, but Facebook does not let you save or download an image. So, one can use screenshots to save said content. You will find how to take ascreenshot of the Facebook story in this blog. You will also learn about Facebook screenshot notification in this blog.
STEPS TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF FACEBOOK STORY
You can take a screenshot on Facebook using your Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac devices. We will discuss each way of taking Facebook screenshot story in this blog.
FACEBOOK SCREENSHOT: ANDROID
To take a screenshot using your android device, kindly follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the story you wish to screenshot on your Android device
- Hold and press the volume down and the power buttons simultaneously while the story displays on your screen
- Release both buttons when you hear a shutter sound and a slight flash on the screen
- The screenshot will appear in the Photos of your Android
FACEBOOK SCREENSHOT: IPHONE
To take a Facebook screenshot story using your iPhone device, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Facebook mobile application on your iPhone and then open the story you wish to screenshot
- Hold and press power and home buttons together while the story displays on your screen
- Release both buttons when you hear a shutter sound and see a slight flash on your screen
- The screenshot will automatically appear in the Photos or Gallery of your iPhone
Does Facebook notify when you screenshot a story 2021 using your Android device or iPhone?No, Facebook does not inform users of any such activities.
FACEBOOK SCREENSHOT: WINDOWS
To take a Facebooks screenshot story using your Windows device, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Facebook webpage on your browser and sign in to your account using your correct credentials
- Go to and open the Facebook story you wish to screenshot, and press the print screen key while it’s on your screen
- Launch Microsoft Paint on your laptop and press Control and V keys together to paste the screenshot on MS paint
- Click on the File option at the top-left corner and select Save as
- Select an appropriate location for the file to save and click on Save
This way, you can easily take a screenshot using your windows device. Now we must move on to Mac.
FACEBOOK SCREENSHOT: MAC
To take a Facebook screenshot story using your Mac, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Facebook webpage on your browser and insert your correct credentials to log in
- Next, open the Facebook story you wish to capture and press the Command, Shift, and 4 keys together to capture the screenshot
- Use your cursor to select the area of your screenshot – click, hold, and drag it to highlight the area of your screen
- Release the cursor when the desired area is selected
- Lastly, the screenshot will appear on your desktop named “Screen shot” for the date and time
You can take screenshots using Windows or Mac without worrying about Facebook screenshot notification. To further learn about the notifications regarding screenshots, please read the next segment.
DOES FACEBOOK NOTIFY SCREENSHOTS 2021?
In this era of social media dominance, we are bound to be attentive to social media and everything that goes on. The inability to save pictures, videos, or stories have led us to screenshot the content we wish to save. But the question that every individual has is, Does Facebook notify when you screenshot a story 2021?
Undoubtedly, this question can be baffling because the last thing we want is to portray ourselves as desperate – which honestly screenshots may indicate at times. However, that’s not the case every time; sometimes, we may wish to save content that may seem helpful to us. Whatever the case may be, the question remains. The simple answer to this very question is No.
Facebook does not notify users of such activities like taking a screenshot. Despite Facebook’s strong privacy features, Facebook screenshot notification isn’t on the list. Meaning, Facebook will not notify the user that a screenshot of their story is taken. The reason behind the inexistence of this feature is that Facebook is compatible with all operating systems. While reporting a screenshot on iPhone or Android may be easy – as does Snapchat – reporting a screenshot using Windows or Mac can be difficult. It is technically challenging to monitor each screenshot taken, especially on windows or mac operating systems.
STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT
Now that you know how easy is it to take a screenshot of users’ content without them knowing, it is important to understand how to protect your account. You can protect your account by implying the following steps.
PROFILE PICTURE GUARD
- Visit your Facebook account and login into your account
- Click on your profile picture and select the options link from below the photo
- Turn on the Profile picture guard
HIDE YOUR PROFILE
- Open Facebook and login to your account
- Click on the settings and then the privacy tab from the left panel
- Click on Your activity and then edit each segment by clicking on Edit
- Select Friends or Only me
This way, you can protect your account from strangers and keep your profile safe. You can find additional relevant information in our other blogs regarding Facebook and other social media platforms.