To run a business successfully, it is essential to retain clients. Finding new clients costs more resources than retaining the existing clients. Also, if your clients are happy, it brings goodwill and a positive reputation to the company, and acquiring new clients becomes easy. Successful entrepreneurs like Larry Weltman understand that if you keep working towards the betterment of your client along with strengthening the bond with clients, they will bring more business to the company. Show them that you care, appreciate their ideas; let them know you are present to help them in every situation. Given below are the most effective things to do to make sure that your client is happy.
1. Communicate Frequently – Communication is the key to keeping clients happy. Larry Weltman Toronto maintains an open communication with his clients at all times so that they all feel appreciated and recognized. Know what’s on their mind and what they expect of you. Call once in a while to ask for feedback. It allows them to feel valued.
2. Be Friendly – Being friendly and humble is what makes clients stick with you. If they think of you more like a friend than a service provider, they will trust you. When they are working with someone they can trust, they will be happy.
3. Appreciate Them – Everyone loves to be appreciated. It makes them feel valued. If a client approaches you with a new idea, appreciate it and carefully listen to their thoughts. After the meetings, tell them you are grateful to have them.
4. Know Them – Jessica Ekstrom suggests getting to know the clients at a personal level. Learn about their interests, their families, and friends. Socialize with them and invite them to your events. It will strengthen your relationship with them. If they consider you as a friend, they will be happy to give you more business.
5. Be Available – Be available for your clients at any time. You do not have to present them with a solution right away but assure them that you are onto the problem. Take their calls or call back as soon as possible.
6. Be Relevant – When working on a deal, stay relevant to it. If you try to change the subject or bluntly ask your clients to calm down, they will feel neglected. Irrelevancy can displease them and lead to make them unhappy.
7. Be Decisive – When your client approaches you with a problem or an idea, show authority and try to make a decision quickly. Do thorough research before jumping to a conclusion and make sure you do not go back on your word.
8. Stay Transparent – Transparency is the first step towards building trust. Be clear about your services with your clients, and it will prevent any misunderstanding in the future. Inform them of your plan and strategy beforehand, stick to what is decided. Inform them before changing any terms of the deal.
Keeping your client happy is what makes them bring more work to you and keeps you in business. Be around and keep checking on your clients to ensure that they don’t feel neglected.